11th to 17th February 2019
LOFOTEN WINTER WORKSHOP
7 days of photography and adventures in the wildest place in Europe
Join Cath Simard and I on an incredible adventure to discover the beautiful landscapes of Lofoten Islands, during 7 days I will guide you to most iconic places and to some hidden treasures.
The photography workshop is accessible to everyone from beginners to confirmed photographers.
The Workshop is limited to 6 people. This will allow me to take time to teach each and everyone of you and answer all your questions.
Everything is planned to make sure that you will only think about two things, improving your photography skills and enjoying the beauty of the wilderness.
Every day we will explore a different location: sea cliffs, traditional fishing villages, fjords and white sand beaches. Some of the places are only accessible with an easy to medium level hike ( between 2 hours and 4 hours )
An amazing lifetime experience...
The most incredible natural phenomenon…
- Hattvika Lodge: we will be staying in the typical norwegian red houses with a view on the Ballstad fjord.
There is a Sauna and Hot Tub to relax after going out shooting.
- High quality dinner made by a local chef in Hattvika Lodge is included.
- All transportations is included, 7 seats van.
FIND THE PLACES TO SHOOT
- We will teach you how to shoot Northern lights, and the different compositions that you could find.
- I will give you all the tips to find the best locations to go for a photoshoot and how to know when it will be the best to take better pictures ( sunrise and sunset ).
- Now that we found the location the next question is "How to get there?". I have been in every spot so I know the answer but I will teach how to prepare the adventure and how to manage time.
- You will get into every technical aspects of photography: gear, camera settings, composition around Q&A sessions and 1-on-1 mentoring.
- And if you have a drone, I will teach you how to fly and find the best angles to shoot.
- Editing process on Lightroom and Photoshop from beginners to advance techniques.
- Create your own style and workflow.
- Every day we will review the pictures and debrief about everyone's experiences. This will create a group dynamic and makes you progress faster.
HOW TO GO TO LOFOTEN ISLANDS
FLIGHTS MUST LAND AT LEKNES AIRPORT, FEBRUARY 11TH 2019
6 NIGHTS IN HATTVIKA LODGE SINGLE ROOM WITH LOCAL MADE DINNERS
TRANSPORTATION INCLUDING AIRPORT TRANSFERS
FULL GUIDED EXPERIENCE WITH @MYDETOXTRAVEL AND @LYES K
THEORETICAL LESSONS OF PHOTOGRAPHY AND EDITING
10 LYESK LIGHTROOM PRESETS
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT TICKETS
PERSONAL TRAVEL INSURANCES AND GEAR INSURANCE
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH
EXTRA DRINKS (ALCOHOL, SOFT DRINKS, COFFEE AND TEA)
I’m an outdoor professional photographer from France. I started taking pictures more than 10 years ago, and I had the chance to make a living with my passion. I’m always looking for new adventures to live, and this workshop will be the opportunity for me to share with you everything I know about my love for the wild landscapes and outdoor photography.
WHAT TO BRING
CAMERAS AND LENSES
MEMORY CARDS AND EXTRA BATTERIES
COMPUTER WITH LIGHTROOM AND PHOTOSHOP
BACKPACK ( RAINCOVER)
WARM AND RAIN CLOTHES ( EX: GORETEX )
HIKING SHOES (WATERPROOF IF POSSIBLE)
- TO BOOK YOUR SPOT, YOU NEED A DEPOSIT OF 1000€
(NO REFUND IF YOU CANCEL)
- FULL PAYMENT NEED TO BE DONE 30 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE VIA BANK TRANSFER
LEKNES AIRPORT, Lufthavnveien 29, 8370 Leknes, Norvège
- ARRIVAL FEBRUARY 11TH , NO LATER THAN 2PM
- DEPARTURE FEBRUARY 17TH , BEFORE 6PM